It’s impossible to not like cookies, right? That’s how it appears whenever we’re confronted with a cookie, whether or not it’s not used to us or a familiar standby. So, in the cookie-loving heart of things, we decided to whip up a batch of bright, summery cookies that are light and refreshing and perfectly tart…what we came up with were these adorable lemon cream cheese cookies.
Lemon is one of our favorite flavors to cook/bake with – there are so many ways to use it! – and lends itself really well to sweets, since it maintains them from being cloying. Same goes for the amazing addition of cream cheese, as it adds the slightest bit of tang that rounds out these cookies and maintains us coming back for more. If the thought of lemon and cream cheese doesn’t draw you in, all you have to do is take a look at how adorable these babies are! Make a batch and watch ‘em vanish…we can’t get enough!
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
40 minutes active; 1+ hours inactive to get ready serves 18-24
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 glass cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a sizable dish or mixer, cream jointly butter and cream cheese until steady, then combine in sugar and beat until creamy.
- Combine in egg, then vanilla remove, and defeat until fluffy and lightened in color. 5-6 minutes.
- Within a medium dish, merge flour, lemon zest, cornstarch, baking soda pop and salt.
- Alternative between adding the flour mix and the lemon juice to the cream mozzarella cheese mixture, starting and stopping with the dry out ingredients.
- Combine until a tough dough all fits in place. If needed, put in a bit more flour so dough isn’t sticky.
- Cover dough in plastic material wrap, then refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until chilled.
- When prepared to bake, preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line 2 cooking linens with parchment paper, and use a tablespoon or snow cream scoop to scoop cookie dough. Roll dough between your hands to produce balls, then transfer to lined baking sheets.
- Place baking linens in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are just starting to brown and pull away from baking sheet.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool completely.
- To make icing: whisk collectively powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Add more or less powdered sugars depending on how solid you want your icing.
- Once cookies are cool, drizzle icing over them and let set before serving.