In a world obsessed with sexy bodies, a lot of diet fads have existed and one of them is to reduce carb intake. But bread, pasta, and anything that is rich in carbohydrates should not scare you away. In fact, trimming them out of your life can result to some negative effects.
If you are thinking about eliminating bread from your daily diet, you might reconsider as this drastic change can cause some problems, including:
1. Energy levels drop. Bread and other carb-rich foods contain other nutrition, such as B vitamin supplements, iron, and magnesium. You will need these, which means you can start your entire day with good energy and also complete it without much trouble. Also, your body uses carbs for energy change. Without enough from it, the cells will decelerate.
2. Stroke and heart disease risks could go up. While there are studies that show too much carbs can deteriorate health insurance and increase heart stroke and heart disease risk, the American Heart Association promotes eating Bread and other wholegrains. It is because getting a diet that contains these food types can lower blood cholesterol levels and risk of developing diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and stroke.
3. Water weight falls off. When you go to a low carb diet, you are not reducing extra fat from your body. Instead, you’re dropping water weight, which was stored carbs in the form of glycogen.
4. Constipation could happen. Relating to a study published in Nutrition Research, about 92% of adults don’t get enough fiber. Whole grains have fiber, which is indigestible and they help lower blood sugar levels and avert diseases. If you suddenly stop eating bread, your bathroom habits would also happen irregularly.
5. Mood swings could take place. Carbs help increase serotonin, which is a feel-good neurotransmitter in the brain. When you cut down your carbohydrate intake, you could become unhappier and this can also result to poorer mental health.
Eat the Right Bread
Not all breads are created equal. It can be addicting to eat bread, which is why a great deal of men and women find it hard to completely avoid it. However, you should not merely eat any kind of bread. Actually, you should avoid the next:
• White bread
Highly refined grains should be avoided as well. Alternatively, if you’re attempting to lose weight, eat wholegrains. Look for Bread that is called “wholegrains” as they will help you lose weight and remain healthy.