Strawberry shortcake is one dessert that we hate to talk about. It’s just too good! Rather than constantly stating no, we developed a remedy: strawberry shortcake in pub form! Then everyone gets their fill up of this lovely dessert.
Every layer of the Strawberry Shortcake Squares could keep you returning to get more. There’s creamy cheesecake, a crunchy graham crust, sensitive pound cake, a lovely strawberry glaze, and undoubtedly fresh berries! However the best benefit might be is that you will get a rectangular all to yourself. Forget about sharing!
Strawberry Shortcake Squares
30 minutes to get ready serves 10-12
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound cake, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 16 ounce tub strawberry glaze
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8×8-in . baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and mix well. Press mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Set on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the cream cheese filling:
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on high until smooth. Add powdered sugar, melted white chocolate chips, almond extract, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip and set aside.
For the strawberry glaze:
- Reserve 4 strawberries for decoration. Add the rest of the strawberries to a medium dish. Add the strawberry glaze and blend until well mixed. Set aside.
To put together:
- Once crust has cooled, pass on fifty percent of the cream parmesan cheese filling up over it. Place cake slices on the cream parmesan cheese filling, cutting wedding cake slices as had a need to fill in openings. Pass on half of the strawberry blend over the wedding cake, accompanied by a coating of cake pieces, the rest of the cream cheese filling, and then the remaining strawberries.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional strawberries to serve, if desired. Enjoy!