Strawberry. Shortcake. Shake. A smoothie that’ll actually keep you fueled and hunger at bay.
(nutrition) stripped and how this can offer you a daily dose of #beautyfood:
- Fiber: in 1 glass of fresh strawberries, you’ll get about 3g of dietary fiber, which isn’t much in comparison to how much you will need per day, but also for a tremble, that’s a great start!
- Healthy fat: coconut milk is one of the best resources of healthy fats, it tastes delicious, it’s user friendly in cooking and making a creamy texture in smoothies and shakes. Plus, coconut dairy and coconut, generally, includes a different kind of fats (MCT – medium chain triglycerides) that are assimilated and utilized “quickly” compared to long chain triglycerides like ones found in olive oil. Both healthy, both provide health benefits and different culinary uses.
- Antioxidants: including phytonutrients like anthocyanins, tannins, anthocyanins, flavonols, resveratrol, ellagic acid, catechins from the strawberries alone.
- Vitamin C: strawberries are a great source of vitamin C, in just 1 cup of fresh strawberries there’s about 149% DV of vitamin C- which is important in our overall health from fighting inflammation, collagen production.
- Optimizer Option: For a protein boost, add a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein, you can test both a vanilla or delicious chocolate flavor. To get a boost of fibers, try using iced cut zucchini for a minimal glucose option or 1 glass iced raspberries for a lesser sugar somewhat tangy taste but packed with fiber!
I’ve been enjoying this mid-morning or as a day snack lately, specially when I’m pressed for time since this is so fast and simple to make. It could keep your craving for food away mid-morning until lunchtime or in the evening before supper, I likewise have some clients who guinea pigged this recipe and enjoyed it for a lower sugar dessert and “nice tooth cravings crusher”!
If you try this recipe, I wanna hear about it, so let’s chat! Leave a comment it, rate it (this helps me improve future quality recipes), and don’t forget to tag a picture #nutritionstripped to show how you live and try these quality recipes on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with, this week!
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE SHAKE
Prep time: 5 mins Total time: 5 mins
A creamy strawberry shortcake inspired protein shake made with nondairy substances and strawberries.
- ½ cup ice
- ½ glass canned full fat organically grown coconut milk
- ½ glass filtered water
- ½ glass (about 4 large) halved very ripe fresh strawberries (could also use iced)
- ½ cup chopped iced zucchini (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- ½ tablespoon ghee (optional for a yummy buttery taste and good body fat)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla seed based protein
- Pinch of fresh lemon zest (about ⅛ teaspoon)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Garnish options: crumbled Sesame Buckwheat Shortbread Cookies
- Within a high-speed blender, merge all ingredients until steady and creamy. Serve frosty immediately.
PROTEIN: boost the protein with the addition of in your preferred plant based proteins natural powder, vanilla preferred
FIBER: boost the fiber with the addition of in frozen zucchini for neutral flavor with fiber