All the tastes of common pad thai are wrapped into this quick lunchtime: tangy peanut sauce, more fresh vegetables, fragrant herbal remedies and sharp bean sprouts. Add cubed poultry or tofu, if you want.
- 1/4 pound capellini or angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup ready peanut sauce, plus much more for dipping
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 whole wheat grains tortillas or very thin rounds flatbread
- 4 large green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly chopped up red or green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- 2/3 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In a little dish, merge pasta with peanut sauce and vinegar. Top each tortilla with lettuce and then separate pasta mix among tortillas, organizing it in the guts. Top with peppers, peanuts, sprouts, basil and cilantro and then roll-up each snugly, tucking the leads to halfway through. Serve with extra peanut sauce privately for dipping.
Per Serving: Serving size: 1 wrap, 220 calories (70 from fat), 7g total fat, 0.5g saturated unwanted fat, 400mg sodium, 34g sugars, (3 g fiber, 3g glucose), 9g protein.