Three things we are in love with: the bright and fresh flavor of lemon, the rich and creamy bite of cheesecake, and desserts that take zero baking whatsoever. These no-bake lemon mousse mugs incorporate all those things and more, in order imaginable we’re completely mind over heels to them. It’s just hard never to be!
These special dessert cups have all the creaminess of cheesecake with the amazing lightness of mousse and a just-tart-enough lemon flavor. All that combined with crunch of buttery graham cracker crumbs on the bottom is enough to make your eyes roll back in your head. It’s like heaven in a tiny cup.
When it’s hot enough out to fry an egg on the sidewalk, the last thing we want to do is turn on our oven. That’s not to say that our special teeth disappears in the elevation of summertime…so you may explain us as a connoisseur of no-bake dessert formulas. But these little infants are one of our very favorites. And they’re so excellent there’s no reason to stash away the formula cards for a hot summertime day. The refined zing of lemon will brighten any winter day; we love all of them year round.
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse Cups
20 minutes active, 2 hours inactive to prepare serves 8-10
- 2 mugs graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stay) butter, melted
- 2 mugs heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 (8 oz) jar lemon curd
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- Lemon, blueberries and mint to garnish, optional
- Thoroughly mix collectively butter and graham cracker crumbs and gently press in to the bottom of dessert cups. Reserve.
- In a little microwave-safe dish, merge lemon juice and water and sprinkle gelatin outrageous. Let rest five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl using an electric mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. (It’s fine to use the same unwashed beaters.) Add lemon curd and remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Place small bowl of gelatin mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk thoroughly for 1 minute, then let cool 3 minutes.
- With an electric mixer on low, slowly pour cooled gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture until well incorporated. Add 1/3 of the whipped cream and gently fold in to lighten the cream cheese blend. Then, add basically 1/2 glass of the rest of the whipped cream and again lightly fold to mix.
- Spoon lemon mousse blend evenly into dessert mugs and top with remaining 1/2 glass whipped cream.
- Cover and chill until place, at least 2 hours. Garnish with lemon, blueberries and mint if desired, and provide. Enjoy!