Split lemon cashew cream and spiced carrot cake is a winner. No oven required! No dairy, gluten or refined sugar. Raw vegan, but still bursting with that carrot cake flavor and texture!
LEMON CASHEW FROSTING
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup – 1 cup coconut oil
- Blend together cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, adding filtered water until nice and smooth.
- With blender running, slowing pour in coconut oil.
- Let set in fridge for 30 mins for easy growing when you make the carrot wedding cake layer.
CARROT CAKE LAYER
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 mugs shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 large carrots, peeled & grated
- 1 cup currants
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup Medjool dates
- ¼ glass maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut essential oil
- In the meals processor, pulse the almonds, cashews, and half the coconut to a crumble. Transfer to a huge mixing bowl.
- In the top dish, add almond meal, staying coconut, grated carrot, currants, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and lemon zest to the nut crumble.
- In the meals processor, pulse dates, sweetener and coconut oil.
- Add wet blend to the dry out mixture in the top bowl and blend together.
- Line a 20cm springform wedding cake tin with parchment paper.
- Take away the cashew cream from the fridge and start to coating your wedding cake, you start with the carrot wedding cake mix. Even with the back of a spoon and add a layer of cashew cream. Smooth and place back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add another layer. Continue until you have used all of the carrot cake and cashew cream.
- Replace in the freezer to set.