Rose elixir is quite tasty, but it is not just renowned because of its wonderful taste. Additionally it is an indispensible treatment that has benefits, including its exterior use for the next:
- Wounds and burns
- Itchy skin
- Insect bites
- Rashes and prickly heat
- Poison ivy and blisters
- Sore muscles
On the other hand, when consumed, rose elixir can be used for the next:
- Panic attacks, trauma, and stress for children, adults, and even animals
- Low libido
- Menstrual cramps
Using the uses taken care of, you’re probably excited to make your own rose elixir. Listed below are the things you’ll need:
- Fresh rose petals (wild or domestic without pesticides)
- High-quality brandy
- 1/3 pint of raw honey
Before you move forward, below are a few notes to consider:
- You’ll need a pint canning jar or any type of glass jar that may be sealed well. You’ll also are required to have a stirring spoon.
- Get roses that are very aromatic. You can use different types and colors.
- With raw honey, use the lighter variety since darker honey types can be overpowering.
Now you’re ready to make your own rose elixir. Here are the steps:
- Place the roses in the jar. As much as possible, fill it up to the brim.
- Pour honey all over the roses and make sure the petals are coated well. Stir whenever necessary.
- Then, fill the whole jar with brandy. Stir when there are air bubbles.
- Cover the jar properly and shake to mix the ingredients.
- Let the roses soften for about four to six weeks (the longer the better). Place in a cool, dark area for better maceration.
- Following the long wait, strain the contents, but be sure you don’t be rid of anything, like the liquid.
- Next, infuse the petals with brandy and honey. Now you can consume this plain or you can include it to a fruits salad or wedding cake.
Rose elixir is an excellent solution for most pains and aches. The mixture of ingredients helps it be quite effective. Honey, for example, can provide a soothing impact, as the roses will keep the bloodstream moving as they enhance healing and treatment. Rose elixir also serves as an astringent, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory. Plus, it can stop infections without leading to irritation. It is also safe in general, but make sure you talk to a physician first before you consume rose elixir, especially if you have a serious health condition.