The “No Poo” experiment was likely to last for just 30 days, but the girl who did the test stopped using shampoo for six months. Instead of a commercial shampoo, she used the combined capabilities of apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
Why the “No Poo” Experiment
You will find theories circulating that commercially made hair products, including shampoos, could strip away the natural oils found in the hair. When this happens, this overexcites the scalp and therefore it produces more oils that don’t really benefit your hair. You use your shampoo to clean your hair because greasy hair is commonly dirty. However, the oils don’t reach the ends of nice hair. This is for you to use a locks conditioner to safeguard the strands and ends from harm and also to soften them as well.
The no shampoo test is great for individuals who have fine oily hair, though anyone can get it done because it is incredibly easy. Whether you have stringy, dried out, flat, or dense hair, using baking soda and apple cider vinegar could help you have better hair.
What Happened in the Experiment?
At first, it was hard to adapt with the smell. Walking around smelling like salad dressing after showering appeared to be unappealing. The good thing was that there is no residual smell, signifying the strong smell of the vinegar dissipates almost immediately.
After a month without shampoo, the lady noticed precisely how healthier her hair became as she continued to avoid shampoo. It became more controllable and less oily – she didn’t have even to wash her hair for four to five days. Still, it became much softer and shinier. Of course, there were some setbacks, but those bad hair days were usually easy to fix. Most of the time, she simply applied coconut oil to her moist hair and the frizz was all gone.
How to Do the “No Poo” Experiment
If this intrigued you, you may want to give it a try. Here’s what the girl did:
1. Use two tablespoons of baking soda and put it in a 500 ml (equivalent to one pint) glass jar if you have long hair. For medium size, one tablespoon in one cup of water can do the trick.
2. Fill the cup jar with water and dissolve the baking soda by stirring.
3. Have two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a jar that gets the same size as the main one for the baking soda. One tablespoon will do for individuals who have medium duration locks. Add it in a single cup of water.
4. Add water to the vinegar.
5. Wet your hair.
6. Pour the baking soda answer to your hair and begin massaging.
7. Wash well afterward.
8. Pour the vinegar to nice hair and wash. Don’t wait too much time; one minute is usually enough.
Within six months, you will notice just how silky, clean, and manageable hair has become. This natural treatment will surely keep you away from commercially available hair care products that only damage hair in the long run.