Our cravings are due to the brain’s need for a reward; they may be actually not really a product of our need for food. Sugar cravings are fine when you’re able to indulge for quite a while and stop yourself. However, if you binge on sugary foods, then you might get yourself in trouble.
There are tons of reasons why you should stop your sugar addiction and most of them involve your health:
- No essential nutrients
- Bad for your teeth
- Bad for your liver as sugar overload can cause nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Can cause insulin resistance, which can provide way to diabetes
- Can cause cancer
- Can result in obesity
- Raises cholesterol
- Increases heart disease risk
Stopping Your Sugar Addiction in Three Days
An excessive amount of sugar can increase obesity in your stomach area, which can occur quickly in only 10 weeks. You want to eliminate your sugar cravings instantly because they are not only Bad for your wellbeing, however your appearance as well. To reduce your need for the sugary stuff, you can follow this three-day cleansing plan. By the finish of the detox process, you will become less inclined to consume sugary foods:
1. For breakfast, eat three scrambled eggs.
2. Have a snack before lunch and have some nuts.
3. For lunch, consume poached chicken breast with some baby greens. Add half an avocado for dessert.
4. In the afternoon, grab some sliced peppers and two tablespoons of hummus (spinach).
5. For dinner, eat edamame and salmon with stir fried mushrooms and broccoli.
1. You still eat three eggs, but this time, scramble them with sautéed spinach.
2. Snack on nuts like in the first day.
3. For lunch, have a tuna Niçoise salad.
4. Snack is the same as the first day.
5. For dinner, have some pork tenderloin and sautéed Brussels sprouts. Add some mushrooms, avocado, and lettuce salad.
1. Breakfast consists of three eggs and this time, it’s made into an omelet with sautéed spinach, tarragon, and shrimp.
2. Once again, snack on nuts.
3. For lunch, eat a grilled turkey burger that contains lettuce, tomatoes, and sautéed mushrooms. Then add kale chips as well.
4. Chopped up peppers and hummus are once again for your afternoon snack.
5. For dinner, bake cod with blended greens and bok choy.
For your beverages, you can like a glass of unsweetened black coffee for three times. If you want a caffeine increase, choose unsweetened green tea or herbal tea because you can have just as much as you want. Be sure you drink at least 64 ounces of water every day.
The three-day sugar detoxification plan is low on carbs, but this is necessary because starchy foods are considered one of the biggest contributors to sugar addiction.