There are some parts of the world where food is served on the banana leaf. It really is a normal aspect, such such as South India where offering food on the plant’s leaf is a sign of purity and is often done during marriage ceremonies.
Doing so is also quite practical because the leaves are easy to dispose of after use. But apart from that, the banana herb has several medicinal benefits. You probably already know about the benefits of the banana fruit, which is most popular for its richness in potassium.
The banana fruit is not the only part of the plant that has health benefits though. In some places, the fruit peels are also used as a food ingredient, a teeth whitener, and a wart remover among many others. Plus, they are food for cows and also used as fertilizer. The stem also has other uses, including the fact that it has high fiber content. When made into juice, the stem may be able to control blood sugar, so that it is a wholesome drink for individuals with diabetes.
Uses of Banana Leaves
For banana leaves, these are more than simply for the purpose of portion food. They have recovery properties, especially for individuals who suffer from unpleasant symptoms triggered by certain health issues:
- For Skin Disorders: When you have itchy skin, flaky scalp due to dandruff, or painful sunburn, banana leaves are a great treatment. You may make put bits of banana leaves in your blender and begin handling. Once done, you can apply onto the influenced area. Another way is to simply soak the leaves in cold water and when the leaves are chilly enough, you can apply on the skin. This second option is very useful when you have sunburn.
- For Insect Bites: If you’re feeling any kind of pain because of insect bites, such as from bees and spiders, or you simply have rashes, banana leaves can also be used as treatment.
- For Wounds: Banana leaves promote faster wound healing because they contain allantoin, which can get rid of germs, while revitalizing pores and skin cells to grow quickly.
- For Fever: Whenever you aren’t feeling well credited to fever, just get some good young leaves of the place and apply coconut essential oil. You can place the leaves on the forehead or throat. Ensure that you clean the leaves first before program.
- For Abdominal Pain: Do a similar thing as above with young banana leaves. Attach them on the unpleasant area.
Banana fruits aren’t the only ones you may use to improve your health. Next time you use banana leaves for providing food, don’t throw them away, especially if you’re suffering from aches and pains in your body. Use them as a natural remedy for pain relief and to feel better without taking any medication.