Our body can eliminate wastes and toxins alone without us needing to consciously tell each body organ to do its job. However, nowadays of increased environmental air pollution, processed food items, and poisonous body maintenance systems, it takes mindful effort to remain healthy. That’s where detox cleanse will come in.
Detoxing helps the body purge any extra waste they have gathered. It cleanses your liver organ, kidney, and digestive tract. It boosts your energy and aids in your weight loss. It also boosts your immune system and improves your skin condition. Most especially, it gives you an improved sense of wellbeing.
Here are a few tips on how you can formulate your own detox drink.
Choose ingredients that are locally available and in season.
From juices to infused water, there are dozens of detox drink recipes on the web. But as much as you would like to try everything for variety, you might want to opt for those ingredients that are widely available in your local market or are in season. Not only are these easy to find in grocers but also cheaper. Here’s a guide to help you find the perfect cleansing fruits in season:
- All-Year Fruits: apples, cranberries, lemons, coconut, papayas, apricots, and avocados
- Winter Fruits: kiwifruit, pear, persimmons, tangerines, grapefruit, oranges, pomelo, cherimoya, cactus pear, and Sharon fruit
- Spring Fruits: apricots, bitter melon, cherimoya, limes, lychee, mango, oranges, pineapple, and strawberries
- Summer Fruits: blueberries, grapes, grapefruit, limes, mulberries, peaches, watermelon, interest fruits, and raspberries
- Fall Fruits: crab apples, pineapple, interest fruits, cranberries, huckleberries, persimmons, pomegranate, grapes, key limes, and guava
Select a recipe that is convenient to prepare.
Fruit and veggie juices can provide you the best cleaning results. So, if you have a juicing machine and enough time to get ready your detox drink each day, then achieve this.
For individuals who are always on the run though, the perfect alternative is infused water. You are able to prepare your detox water at night, stick it in the refrigerator, and drink it the next morning.
Decide on your goal.
Not all detox drinks are created equal. So before you even buy your ingredients, decide on what you want to achieve.
- For weight loss, use a combination of any of these ingredients: grapefruit, cucumber, oranges, lemon, mint leaves, cranberry, and green tea.
- For liver cleansing, go for apple, beet, carrot, ginger root, lemon, kale leaves, cucumber, limes, cauliflower, bitters, and dandelion root.
- For colon cleansing, select apple, green leafy vegetables, cayenne pepper, lemon, and ginger.
Combine and experiment with any of the ingredients until you find the perfect detox drink for you!