You’ve probably heard it a lot of times: crash diets are not good for you. They are unhealthy and they don’t work. However, not everyone has enough time to drop pounds at a normal pace, which is why many people consider crash diets. If this is your case, you can take the cue from doctors and weight loss experts. Whenever they need to lose weight fast, they make sure their crash diet isn’t just effective, but safe as well.
What to Include in Your Crash Diet Plan
An effective crash diet can have the following on the menu:
1. Eat fresh fruits and veggies to get the carbs you need. Add lean protein to your diet, including fish and chicken to remove fluid retention due to high sodium intake. Instead of having three meals every day, replace one with just protein shake.
2. Eat your favorite cheat food, so you can withstand your cravings much easier.
3. Count your calories and make sure you don’t go over 350 calories per meal every day. Divide into six small meals that include lean protein every time you eat. Snack on some green apples and have your supper at seven or previous.
4. Don’t have exciting flavors on your meals, such as adding spices and seasonings. This is only going to encourage you to consume more.
5. Here’s a sample menu for a crash diet that works: for breakfast , have a plate of wholegrain cereal. Then add berries and skim milk. For lunchtime, eat green salad with egg whites and lentils. For supper, have salad again with prepared veggies, grilled poultry or fish, and pasta, whole grain bread or any grains.
Complement your diet with physical and mental exercises:
1. For busy individuals, have at least a 30-minute walk with two-pound weights. If you have some time, do a two-hour walk. You can also go swimming or bike driving every day.
2. Accept that there will be temptations, but know how to negotiate with them.
3. Do two sessions of cardio exercises at least three times a week.
4. Strength training is also helpful. You can do one session for three days every week or during the days when you’re not doing cardio exercises.
Crash diets provide you with a quick way to lose the flab, but this doesn’t guarantee that everything will work for you. What’s important is to stay motivated. Make sure that you still take care of your health. The above mentioned crash diet options are less extreme than those you can find elsewhere. Plus, these are approved by health experts.