Looking for a quick breakfast on the run with a sweet berry taste yet retains you feeling good all morning long? This might be your new favorite go-to! Meet the Coconut Berry Smoothie.
I hope you enjoy trying this nutrient dense shake I’ve been making most mornings come early july for an instant breakfast on the run and it’s relaxing.
Just like the title suggests, this smoothie has coconut dairy, frozen coconut chunks (more upon this later), mixed frozen berries, chia seeds, protein, and frozen zucchini. Overall, a simple macronutrient well balanced smoothie covering your requirements for proteins, healthy fats, fibers, sugars, and it preferences delicious! I would recommend using 1/2 glass unsweetened shredded coconut with an additional 1/2 cup freezing zucchini. This will give you very good taste and texture, plus the fiber since this frozen coconut has about 7g per heaping 1/2 cup!
(nutrition) stripped and how this will make you glow from the inside:
- Fiber: As a Dietitian, I’m constantly breaking the ice with clients and catching up on how their digestion is going – i.e. the in’s and out’s are so important and good indicators of our health internally. Fiber is a cornerstone in healthy digestion and most people are not getting enough fiber daily. I recommend at least 35 g, upwards to 50 g of fiber per day for some clients. This smoothie has a couple key players as it pertains to dietary fiber, the freezing zucchini, freezing coconut, and the chia seed products. Altogether if you regard this smoothie as 1 offering you’ll have about 10-14 g dietary fiber! So, if you’re a newbie, focus on smaller servings of the freezing coconut and chia seed products which means that your body can adjust, in any other case incomparable a happy and full tum.
- Vitamin C: Both strawberries and cherries contain this antioxidant that helps battle free radicals and we realize vitamin C is important in maintaining healthy immune function, skin integrity, cardiovascular health, prevents the common cold, and plays a role in cancer management from prevention to treatments that may include vitamin C.
- Optimizer Option: for more berry boost (and a boost in antioxidants from berries) I add in freeze dried strawberry and tart cherry powder, both are loaded with vitamin C and inflammation fighting compounds. These nutrients are especially great post-workout and if your body is under any type of stress (hey, keep in mind exercise continues to be pressure on the body). Cherries have been proven in reducing swelling especially with post-workout muscle pain and swelling. Win-win and it preferences delicious! I stock my pantry with the ones the following the formula and enjoy them in smoothies.
If you try out this formula, I wanna hear about it, so let’s chat! Leave a comment it, rate it (this helps me improve future recipes), and don’t forget to tag a picture #nutritionstripped to show how you feel amazing with this recipe and try these recipes on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with!
COCONUT BERRY SMOOTHIE
Prep time: 5 mins Total time: 5 mins
A creamy coconut berry smoothie made in under 5 minutes with simple ingredients.
- 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup frozen coconut chunks
- ½ cup mixed frozen berries (raspberries, cherries, and strawberries)
- ½ cup frozen chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried strawberry powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla proteins powder
- Inside a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients until even.
- Serve immediately.