This fun lunch is well suited for kids to help make since they can roll up the meat and cut ingredients with a table knife. Serve these club sandwiches with mustard, mayonnaise or ranch dressing on the side for dipping and make sure to break any razor-sharp ends off of the skewers when providing these kabobs to small kids.
- 4 thick slices whole grain bread, toasted and trim into (1-inches) cubes
- 4 pieces deli ham
- 4 pieces deli turkey
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 4 leaves butter or romaine lettuce
- 1/4 pound cheddar, cut into cubes
- 1/4 pound provolone or mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 2 kosher dill or sugary pickles, thickly sliced
Alternating ingredients, thread breads, ham, turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and pickles onto skewers and provide.
Per Serving: 370 calories (180 from fat), 19g total fat, 12g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 17g sugars, (3 g fiber, 4g glucose), 31g protein.