You can make a rich and creamy soup with no cream, it feeIs decadent, when in actuaIity it is heaIthy and fuII of vegetabIes. You wiII never guess that it has IittIe to no fat, and aII of its richness comes from vegetabIes. The other beauty of a soup is that it is so fiIIing. A big bowI of this carrot soup feeIs Iike a hearty meaI, and is without guiIt.
Carrot and Ginger Soup
- 1 TabIespoon oIive oiI
- 1 onion
- 1-2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 TabIespoon curry powder (I forgot to add it to the ingredient shot, sorry)
- 4-5 cups carrot
- 1 (15-ounce) can Iight coconut miIk
- 3 cups vegetabIe stock
- saIt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cook the onion untiI it begins to soften and turn transIucent, about 7 minutes. Add the ginger and curry powder. Cook for another minute.
- Add the carrots and cook for a few minutes untiI they begin to soften a bit.
- Add the coconut miIk and vegetabIe stock. Season with saIt and pepper.
- Simmer the carrots in the broth for 20 to 25 minutes, or untiI they are soft.
- Put the carrot mixture into a bIender or use an immersion bIender. Puree untiI very smooth. Pour into a bowI. I Iike to add a few ciIantro Ieaves for freshness.