Lemon is often associated with healthy living. It is rich in vitamin C that can enhance your health as well as your skin, which explains why it is used to refresh skin. Additionally it is used to cleanse your body. You might have found out about the lemon water detox, a sensible way to cleanse the machine from the within which means you get that shine externally.
However, if you believe lemon drinking water is boring, you will want to try something that you’ll surely love? Listed below are lemon smoothies and juices that provides you cleansing benefits with every sip:
Lemon Smoothie for Your Skin
Get rid of annoying acne problems with this super simple recipe:
- ½ lemon with no peel
- One orange without peel as well
- One apple with no core
- Two mugs of baby spinach
- Eight ounces of water, filtered
Just add all the elements in the blender and blend until smooth. You can alternative baby spinach with other greens.
Lemon and Lime Detox Smoothie
- ½ lemon without the peel and seeds
- ½ lime without the peel and seeds
- 2 bananas
- Orange juice from one fruit
Just blend all the ingredients in your blender. If you want, you can add kale, spinach, or dandelion greens – approximate one to two cups.
The ingredients in this smoothie are all from the citrus family. Get a healthy dose of vitamin C, the antioxidant that helps your cells battle damage.
- Four oranges without the peel, but leave most of the white pith
- One grapefruit
- ½ lemon with the pith but without the peel
The white pith has bioflavonoids that help strengthen your blood vessels, gums, and capillaries.
Smoothie for Liver Cleansing
For a healthier and cleaner liver, prepare the following ingredients:
- ½ lemon
- Three beets
- One inch of ginger root
- Two carrots
- Two radishes
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup of water
Follow the steps for this smoothie:
- Remove the peel of all the veggies.
- Place the veggies into the blender.
- Slice the lemon and get the juice, which you will place in the blender with the veggies.
- Add the ginger, apple cider vinegar, and water.
- Start blending and drink immediately.
Citrus Green Smoothie
Here’s another way to detoxify that has plenty of vitamin C and other antioxidants:
- ½ lemon
- ½ lime
- One banana, frozen or fresh
- One cup of kale without the stem
- One tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
Just add everything in the blender and process until desired consistency is reached. You can add ginger, sea salt, and frozen blueberries if you want.
To successfully detoxify, regularly drink smoothies with lemon. This not only flushes away the toxins in the body, but also helps you lose weight.