There is one ingredient in almost every kitchen cupboard that can do wonders for hair, skin and body. This inexpensive, multitasking item is only baking soda! Actually, baking soda will help you look your very best from check out toe.
Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, a natural substance that is crystalline but often appears as a fine powder. This alkaline substance has antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also a powerful medical tool effective at combating from colds to oral problems to skin issues.
Baking soda is effective when used for short periods. However, excessive use can damage your skin and hair. Also, you should do a patch test to determine whether your skin is delicate to it.
Here are 10 advantages of baking soda for nice hair, epidermis and body.
1. Fights Acne and Pimples
To eliminate acne or pimples, you certainly do not need harsh chemicals. Baking soda can do the task easily. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of the kitchen staple helps treat the cause as well as reduce the symptoms of acne and other breakouts.
In addition, it helps balance the skin’s pH, which helps reduce the occurrence of skin breakouts.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a little water to make a paste.
- Apply it on the affected epidermis for one to two 2 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- Do it again once daily for a few days, then decrease the frequency to at least one one or two 2 times weekly.
2. Brightens Yellow Teeth
Baking soda is excellent for making your pearly whites shine. It works as a moderate abrasive to remove yellow stains from your teeth. In addition, it helps remove plaque by neutralizing acids produced by the bacteria.
- You can simply put a little baking soda pop on your toothbrush together with your regular toothpaste. Clean your tooth as normal for 2 minutes. Get it done once daily for a couple of days.
- Alternatively, make a homemade teeth whitener with 4 tablespoons of turmeric root powder, 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil. Combine all the substances thoroughly. Use a little amount of the paste to brush your teeth once daily for a few days.
Note: Avoid excess use of baking soda as it can strip your teeth of its natural, protective enamel.
3. Relieves Sunburn and Sunburn Blisters
During the summer time, keep a box of baking soda handy. Because of its alkaline character, baking soda pop has a relaxing have an effect on on sunburned epidermis, which helps alleviate the scratching and burning feelings. In addition, it has minor antiseptic and drying properties that help dry out sunburn blisters quickly.
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of cold water. Soak a clean washcloth in this solution, wring out the excess water and apply it as a cool compress on the damaged area for 5 to ten minutes. Repeat two or three 3 times per day until you get comfort.
- Additionally, add ½ cup of baking soda to a bathtub filled up with water. Mix well and soak yourself in this drinking water for 10 to a quarter-hour. After getting out of the bath, pat dried out or allow the body to air dried out. Do that once daily for a couple of days.
4. Improves Skin Complexion
Uneven complexion is a problem for several. If you need a brighter and even complexion, baking soda pop is an easy and inexpensive solution.
It is a good exfoliating agent that helps remove dead cells. In addition, it balances pH level of the skin, which is very important to maintain even and clear skin.
- Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of baking soda with enough filtered drinking water or rose drinking water to produce a paste. Apply the paste on that person. Let it sit down for 1 minute, then lightly rub it off only using the tips of your fingertips. Finally, clean with lukewarm drinking water and pat dried out to reveal brighter skin. Follow this remedy 1 or 2 2 times a week only. Make sure to moisturize your skin after using baking soda.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon each of baking soda and fresh lemon juice along with 4 or 5 5 drops of extra-virgin olive oil. Apply this paste on your face. Leave it on for 5 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. Repeat two or three 3 times weekly.
5. Treats Stained or Yellow Nails
Stained nails can be unpleasant, but baking soda can whiten your nails and that means you don’t need to hide them in your pouches or gloves.
Its bleaching and exfoliating properties help remove spots.
- Put ½ glass of drinking water, 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 tablespoon of cooking soda in a little bowl. Mix well, before baking soda dissolves. Dip your nails into the solution for 2 to 3 3 minutes. Repeat once every two weeks.
- Alternatively, mix 2½ tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. Make use of a cotton swab to apply it on your nails. Wait 2 minutes before rinsing your nails with tepid to warm water. For best results, repeat once every 2 weeks.
6. Treats Body Odor
Baking soda is among the best natural deodorizers that help treat light to severe body smell. It can help absorb moisture and perspiration from your skin, thus reducing body smell. As an antibacterial agent, it also helps eliminate bacteria that provide rise to body odor.
- Combine ⅛ teaspoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of water and a few drops of any essential oil. Make use of a cotton ball to rub it on your underarms or areas where you sweat excessively. Use it regularly to combat body odor.
- Alternatively, completely mix equal levels of baking soda and cornstarch. Dirt this powder on your dried out underarms to avoid sweating as well as bad smell.
7. Treats Smelly and Oily Hair
Smelly hair is a very embarrassing problem, and people with oily hair are more prone to this condition. Oily hair picks up environmental pollutants and strong smells more readily.
Baking soda can simply fix this problem since it helps reduce oiliness and also neutralizes bad odors. Furthermore, its alkaline character amounts the pH degree of the head to keep it clean and healthy.
- Combine 1 part baking soda pop with 3 parts water. Apply it on your damp hair, wait 5 minutes and then rinse your hair. Repeat once or twice a month.
- Alternatively, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to your regular shampoo bottle and use it to wash your hair 1 or 2 2 times a week.
- You can also use baking soda as a dry shampoo. Thoroughly blend equal levels of baking soda pop and cornstarch. Sprinkle a little amount at the origins of hair and tousle hair around. Clean your hair completely with a good quality clean and you’ll be impressed with the effect.
8. Removes Dandruff
Dandruff is difficult to eliminate, especially through the winter months, however, not impossible. With proper and regular locks caution, you can eliminate dandruff easily.
Baking soda can help banish those frustrating white flakes on your scalp and hair. It clarifies the head and helps clear off flakes. Furthermore, as baking soda pop is alkaline, it can help bring the pH balance of the head to a wholesome equilibrium.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of baking soda onto your wet hair and scalp. Wait for a minute, then rinse it out thoroughly with water. Do this once a week only.
- Alternatively, mix freshly squeezed juice of 1 1 lemon with 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Apply it to your scalp, allow it to sit for 2-3 three minutes and then wash hair with drinking water. Follow this treatment once weekly only to keep the head clear of dandruff.
9. Heals Skin Rashes and Itchiness
Pores and skin rashes and itchiness can result in a great deal of discomfort. You can treat these problems with baking soda. It has a soothing effect on the skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties that also help reduce inflammation, itching and swelling.
- For localized itching, mix 1 part water with 3 parts baking soda. Apply the paste on the affected area. Let it sit for two minutes, then wash it off with cold water. Utilize this treatment once daily, before condition boosts.
- When you have itching around the body, add 1 cup of baking soda to a bathtub of cool water and soak in it for 10 minutes a day.
Note: Avoid using baking soda if the skin is broken or too irritated by constant scratching.
10. Treats Nail Fungus
Nail fungus can make your fingernails look unappealing and cause many discomforts. It really is an infection occurring when fungi start growing under the fingernails.
This leads to crusty, thick, stained and distorted nails. The alkaline character of baking soda pop prevents the growth of fungi.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 cup of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Soak the affected toenails or fingernails in this solution for 5 minutes. Pat dry your nails with paper towels. Do that twice per day.
- Additionally, make a paste of just one one to two 2 teaspoons of baking soda blended with warm water. Use it on your afflicted nails for a few minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Repeat once daily.
Follow these remedies for several weeks.